August Edit

I thought I would start doing a little monthly round up of things that have happened in my life during the month, some of my thoughts and feelings, and I’ll probably include some favourites of some sort in there too! So welcome to the first month, the August Edit!

Places
This month I traveled up to Newcastle for the first time, it was a long hard slog up there as we set off at around midday and didn’t arrive until half 6 in the evening, I didn’t drive so I was lucky really but even just sitting there for over 6 hours was hard work. I actually wouldn’t have minded giving the drive a go but with travelling home the day after the wedding party I thought it would be wise if I didn’t..! Unfortunately, I didn’t get chance to explore the city but it is definitely somewhere I would like to go back to and have a look round. 

I also went for a wonder around where I live, even though I have lived in the same house and village my whole life it amazes me that I am still finding new places. I came across a cute little pond down the backs lanes which you would not know was even there!



Friends
I was able to meet up with one of my closest friends and have a good old catch up over some pizza. She is working abroad at the moment and still has a year left, so as you can imagine I don’t get to see her much but we can’t all work in lovely, hot sunny countries can we?!



Work
A few months ago I started a new job, it is my first full time role, kind of, I say kind of as there is a story to that which I will tell you about another time but the point of this was to say that I found out I passed my probation! Get the champagne out! I was a bit worried that I wouldn’t get through it as I didn’t (and still don’t) feel as though I’m doing a very good job, but these things take time and right now, I’m just buzzing that I am now a fully fledged employee!

Learning
I also found out this month that I will be going back to college. It will be a bit of a pain with working full time then having college 2 nights a week but it will all be worth it in the end! These things must be done!

Favourites
What have I been loving this month? One thing that I am enjoying using is micellar water, I am using the Garnier one at the minute, I had never used a micellar water before this year but I bought this one to take on my holiday’s with me as I thought it will just make taking my make up off easier and it really did! I loved it that much that i bought myself a huge bottle of the stuff, couldn't not when it was on offer for £5.00!! It’s great at removing eye make up too, better than some of the eye make up removers that are on the market, I haven’t tried this with waterproof mascara yet though so I will report back when I do.



I hope you have enjoyed my round up of my month, how was August for you? What did you get up to?

Until next time.


x

Comments

  1. Awh, love this post xx
    Blog: theoctoberedit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like reading these kind of posts. The location in the first picture looks beautiful

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome round up! What are you going to be studying in college? :)

    http://www.lifeofardor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I'm going to be doing an Accounting course, I work in Accounts so should be a big help! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts