The Battle of the Naked Palettes


*I just want to chuck out a little disclaimer before we get started, I am not a professional make-up artist or anything like that, I just like talking about make-up and if my opinion helps you then fabulous!*

Everyone who has even a slight interest in make-up has most probably heard of the Naked Palettes, they may not know what brand they are by (although they should, Urban Decay are just dreamy) but the palettes are famous in their own right. Before I had any interest in make-up what-so-ever I still wanted to have the Naked palette and I believe only the original one was out at that point, it took me a couple of years to actually buy it but we got there in the end! I’ve watched so many videos of tutorials or opinions of these palettes that I thought I’d share my opinion and pick one, maybe two, that I cannot live without.  I don’t own the mini Naked Basics or Naked Heat so obviously they won’t be featuring today but the show will go on anyway.
The Original Naked Palette
L to R: Sin, Buck, Half Baked & Toasted

We’ll go through these in order so first up is the original Naked palette, I freaking love this one!! I use basically every colour (not all at once!) and you can create an eye look for every occasion with this palette, this is down to the versatile warm toned colour selection that you get, every shadow can be used as just a wash of colour or built to be an intense block of colour. This palette most definitely suits my eye colour the best which I hadn’t really realised until I decided to compare them all.


The Naked 2 Palette
L to R: Booty Call, Chopper, Tease & YDK

Next up is the Naked 2 palette. I have to say I get the least amount of use from this one, I don’t know if this is down to the colours or the fact it is quite a cool toned palette, saying that, this palette has a shadow which I would go as far as to say it is in my top favourite colours from all of the Naked palettes and that is YDK, it’s a sparkly, cool toned pinkish colour which is just stunning. I will keep continue to try and make this palette work, YouTube tutorials here I come!



The Naked 3 Palette
L to R: Dust, Buzz, Nooner & Darkheart

Now we have the Naked 3 and this palette has been in my collection for the least amount of time so we haven’t had much chance to get to know each other yet! All the colours in this one are some sort of sparkly or matte shade of pink, I think the eye looks that Little Mix wore in the ‘Shout Out To My Ex’ video inspired me to get this palette, as they all had some sort of pink toned smokey eye and who doesn’t want to be like Little Mix?!



The Naked Smokey Palette
L to R: Radar, Armour, Smoulder & Whiskey

It’s the Naked Smokey’s time! Again, like the Naked 2, this is a cool toned palette which I do get more use out of. There are particular colours in here that I use a lot such as Thirteen, Combust, Radar and High but there are some which I don’t think I have even touched. I’m still trying to figure out if I can pull off a silver/grey smokey eye, if you can then this palette is most definitely for you.



The Naked Ultimate Basics Palette
L to R: Tempted, Lethal, Extra Bitter & Lockout

 Finally, we have the Naked Ultimate Basics palette. Recently, I have gone from loving sparkly smokey eyes or sparkly eyes in general to just using completely matte shades, I don’t know if it’s the fall down from sparkly shadows or the way they can sometimes age my eyes but I couldn’t find a bad word to say about matte shadows. I still use sparkly shadows just mainly for special occasions, this palette can be used to create a subtle day look or a rocking night look. Defo one of my fave palettes.

Before I pick, one thing I want to say about all these palettes is that you get a choice of some great colours and every shadow is that pigmented that there are just no words, some palettes work for some people some don’t but that’s fine and completely normal. So, without further ado, the TWO Naked palettes that I pick are…..*Drum Roll*….. The original Naked palette and the Ultimate Basics Palette! *Round of applause*

Which is your favourite out the Naked palettes? Or which one would you like to get your hands on? Let me know!
Until next time.


x

Comments

  1. i adore all the naked palettes but the first one is the most special one for me as it was the first high end makeup item i bought.
    ❤︎

    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one was my first high end buy too! Probably one of my fave buys as well :) x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts