The Ultimate Nudes... That's Lipsticks!


So, today I thought that I would share with you some of my go to and absolute fave nude lippies. A nude lip is so easy to wear, whether you have got a heavy smokey eye or a barely there make up look, a nude lipstick will just complete your face and take your look to the next level. I'm chucking a couple lip liners in there too just because I always wear a lip liner with my lipstick, sometimes I will even rock a lip liner on it's own. Let's get stuck in!


What would a lipstick post be if we didn't include at least one MAC lipstick in there?! Two nudes that I discovered from MAC are Pure Zen and Hue (just a heads up; in the pictures Pure Zen is on the left in both and Hue on the right). Hue is one of them MAC lipsticks that has received a lot of hype and love and I can totally understand why, on it's own it is a kind of glossy pink which adds just a touch of colour to your lips. Pure Zen is one I had never heard people speak about at all and I would like to know why! Out of these two Pure Zen is probably the one that I wear the most, this shade is a really nice balance between a pink and a peachy nude and, as you can see from the photo, it is slightly more pigmented than Hue, that's probably because Pure Zen is a cremsheen and Hue is a glaze. Obviously, because of their finishes they don't have great staying power so if you're out all day I advise to take them with you so you can reapply and wearing them with a lip liner will increase their longevity and also make them more pigmented.




Next we have two Tanya Burr lipsticks, these are from her first collection of lipsticks that she brought out.On the left we have Birthday Cake and on the right we have Pink Cocoa. As you can see from the pictures these a both completely different nude shades but they are both as beautiful as each other, if you prefer a more light pink, almost a muted baby pink, then Birthday Cake is for you but if you love a deeper, richer berry colour but still within the nude category then you will love Pink Cocoa. I find myself picking up Pink Cocoa more but I think that is because it is closer to my natural lip colour, these lipsticks are not matte at all but I would say that they stay on your lips better than the MAC ones do (no shade throwing here, just an observation!).



 

I have to say that this next one is probably my fave nude I have found to this date. This is from NYX and it is from their Lingerie Liquid Lipstick range and it is in the shade Bedtime Flirt. This is kind of a pinky/mauvey shade but with a very slight brown undertone, I had never worn a colour like this before I tried this lipstick but I must say it makes me want to be more adventurous with my nudes (if that is even possible with nudes!). The staying power of this liquid lipstick is actually amazing, especially for the fact it is a drugstore option, I'm not too experienced in the whole liquid lipstick thing but I was very impressed with this one. I have heard some people say that these are quite drying but I haven't found this, yes towards the end of the day you do just want to get it off but I find that with nearly every lipstick!


Now finally it is time for my fave lip liners! The one on the left is from NYX which is called Nude Suede Shoes and the one on the right is from No7 and it is called Nude. I find that both of these have a decent pigment for lip liners and they both have great staying power. The No7 one is a more warm toned, pink toned liner and the NYX one is definitely a cool toned pink, both are great worn with lipsticks and also on their own.

Have you tried any of the lipsticks that I have mentioned? Or if not, what are some of your favourite nude lipsticks?

Until next time.




You can find me on Bloglovin' using the link below!


https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/january-edit-19048305

Comments

Popular Posts